Posts for tag: CEREC
What’s So Great about CEREC Dental Crowns? The benefits of CEREC dental crowns.
You’ve been told you need a crown to fix a tooth with a huge broken metal filling. You can’t decide if you want a gold crown, porcelain fused to metal or pure porcelain crown. The problem that bothers you most is how long it will take to get the crown, at least two appointments. Plus in the meantime, you are stuck wearing a temporary crown. You just don’t know what to do. It’s time to try a CEREC crown, created at Dunkling and Penney Dentistry, with two offices in Jericho and Burlington, Vermont to serve your needs.
Typically, when you need a crown, you have an initial appointment where your tooth is prepared to receive the crown. Molds are taken of your teeth and sent off to the dental laboratory where technicians create your crown. Your crown is shipped back to the office, and it is permanently cemented on your tooth at a second appointment. The problem is how long it takes, and you are left wearing an undesirable temporary crown while you wait.
CEREC crowns are the result of a unique one-visit technique to provide you with a beautiful new porcelain crown, right in the office! CEREC crowns are made with a computer assisted technology known as “CAD-CAM” which designs and also manufactures your crown to exact specifications. The crown fits perfectly the first time, and the best part is, it’s made right in the office, instead of at a dental laboratory. This is good news for you! You don’t have to wait to receive your beautiful porcelain crown, and you don’t have to wear an ugly, poorly fitting temporary crown!
So, if you want to save time and the discomfort of wearing a temporary crown, CEREC is the system for you. CEREC crowns are beautiful and will give you a sparkling smile quickly and easily. Don’t see just any dentist; see a CEREC expert like the professionals at Dunkling and Penney Dentistry, in Jericho and Burlington, Vermont. Call today and be on your way to a sparkling new smile with CEREC!
Dental crowns are also known as a “cap,” which covers your damaged tooth. It is cemented in place and is a perfect replacement for your normal tooth. The cap is created with our CEREC technology, which makes the crown in office from a 3D imaging system. You will get your crown placed on the same day! CEREC crowns benefits include:
- Hi-tech accuracy
- Single-visit convenience
- Natural tooth color
- Metal free – no silver fillings
- Exceptionally detailed for long-lasting, natural results
- Preserves more healthy tooth material
A crown is needed for:
- Replacing a large filling
- Protecting a weak tooth from further chipping or breaking
- Restoring a fractured/cracked tooth
- Covering a poorly shaped tooth or a discolored tooth
- To attach a dental bridge
- To protect and restore a tooth that has had a root canal
- To cover a dental implant
- Restoring the ability to chew and speak properly
- Maintaining the shape of your face
- Distributing the forces in your bite to alleviate stress on other teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from shifting out of position and into the gap