Let Crowns Restore Your Smile
According to the Ameican College of Prosthodontists, crowns are the most common restorative procedure. Concealing unattractive teeth, just as your Jericho and Burlington, VT, dentists, Drs. Paul Dunkling and Greg Penney.
What are crowns used for?
- They're used to conceal unattractive teeth that may be discolored, misshaped, or in need of more support
- Dentists file down damaged teeth with chips and cracks are to fit under the dental crown
- Crowns are used to conceal restorative procedures, like dental implants and root canals
- They can also conceal gaps in your smile if your Jericho and Burlington dentists install a bridge above your gumline.
Types of Crowns
Crowns, also known as caps, are sometimes confused with veneers, although they are completely different. Veneers are placed on the surface of your teeth. Veneers also serve a purely aesthetic purpose. Crowns have a structural function, which is why they come in a variety of materials: porcelain crowns, also known as dental ceramics or porcelain-fused-to-metal, which has a metal interior and a porcelain exterior.
Taking Care of your Crowns
Crowns don't require special care, but there are a few steps you can take to help you maintain a strong and bright smile:
- You need to brush twice a day for a duration of 2 minutes each time and floss at least once a day. A healthy oral regimen will reduce the buildup of tartar.
- Speaking of tartar, which is the hardening of plaque, you should avoid sugar-filled foods and opt for a healthier diet.
- Avoid chewing tobacco and smoking, since they only cause the deterioration of your teeth.
To schedule an appointment with your Jericho and Burlington, VT, dentists, Drs. Paul Dunkling and Greg Penney anything in regards to dental crowns, just call (802) 863-3479 for the Burlington office and (802) 899-3973 for the Jericho office. Don't hesitate to call. Your smile is a priority!