Posts for: February, 2015
Do you have teeth that are dented, misshapen, chipped, or cracked? If so, you're not alone, as millions of Americans have dental dilemmas such as these and are left feeling self-conscious and embarrassed to smile altogether.
But there is a dental solution taking the nation by storm called veneers, thin materials made to look like your natural teeth's surface that are placed over the front of your teeth to serve as their brighter and whiter enamel substitute. At Dunkling & Penney Dentistry, you'll find all you need to know and more about how veneers can exorcise your teeth of a despicable smile forevermore!
Some of the benefits to veneers include:
- Natural appearance
- Highly resistant to staining
- Tailored to your smile
- Requires minimal to no additional care from typical dental hygiene
- Completely safe
Once you've decided on the veneers you'd like placed in your mouth, a dental surgeon will sometimes start the procedure by scraping away a tiny bit of enamel, before taking molds of your teeth that will be used to construct the perfect set of veneers for your mouth. Once a skilled dental technician has created your very own veneers, they'll be sent back to your dentist and cemented onto your teeth a few weeks later.
Once you've got veneers on your teeth, caring for them is important for their continued optimal function. This includes:
- Gently brushing and flossing your teeth daily
- Attending regular dentist checkups to make sure the efficacy of your veneers remains intact
- Not biting into hard foods (like hard candies) or trying to rip open packages with your teeth
- Purchasing a custom-made nightguard, especially if you grind your teeth unknowingly when you sleep
For more information on veneers and what they can achieve for your mouth, give the dental experts at Dunkling & Penney Dentistry a call today at (802) 863-3479 for the biggest and brightest smile in Burlington, VT!